Diseases of the nose and eyes in dogs are not constant, but quite common. It is understandable the desire of most owners who want in these cases to buy inexpensive, high-quality medicine. And there is such a thing. Anandine for dogs - the use of drops for the nose and eyes can quickly cure many diseases.
Description of the drug
Under the brand name "Anandin", drops are originally intended for the treatment of otitis media, as well as for their use in veterinary ophthalmology. That is, with their help it is possible to treat diseases of the eyes and ears, and some veterinarians additionally use this tool to help animals suffering from pathologies of the nose.
The product is released exclusively in drip form. It is packaged in bottles of dark glass with a capacity of 5 ml each. It is corked by a rubber stopper and a protective aluminum cap. The appearance of the medicine is a clear, greenish liquid. Before use, it is necessary to carefully examine the vial with the medicine for clearance: the presence of turbidity and / or sediment is not allowed! Each bottle is placed in a pack of packaging cardboard and is supplied with instructions for use.
Each pack must necessarily indicate the release date, production batch number and expiration date. If for some reason these data cannot be read, the use of the medicine is also prohibited.
The composition of the drug
The composition of the medicine includes the following components:
- Glucaminopropylcarbacridone. This is the main active ingredient. The second name is anandine. The full chemical name of this compound will take a couple of lines, but this is not the main thing. The most important thing is its action. Anandine is considered a low molecular weight cytokine inhibitor. Simply put, a substance suppresses inflammatory processes, accelerates the production of interferons by the body, and also accelerates regenerative processes in wound canals. In addition, it significantly enhances the activity of macrophages and T-lymphocytes.
- Glycerol. In this case, it is used as a preservative. In addition, glycerin improves the consistency of the drug and contributes to its longer storage.
- Water for injection, additionally purified. The classic solvent for many liquid medicines.
In order for the medicine to retain its useful properties throughout the shelf life, it should be stored in accordance with the conditions recommended by the manufacturer:
- Store the drug only in places protected from sunlight, and also away from heat sources (light and high temperature contribute to the destruction of the active substance).
- The medicine must be isolated from the possible access of children and pets.
- Storage temperature - from 0 ° to 25 ° С.
- Subject to all storage conditions, the medicine retains its therapeutic properties for two years from the date of release.
In veterinary practice, Anandin is used in the following cases:
- Complex treatment of rhinitis.
- Conjunctivitis treatment.
- Combined therapy of otitis media.
Note that in all of the above cases, the tool is not used as the main one! This means that Anandine alone cannot cure severe rhinitis. But as part of a combination treatment (as an addition to antibiotics, for example), the drug has proven itself perfectly.
Contraindications, possible side effects
As such, there are no contraindications. The medicine is used with caution in the treatment of the following categories of animals:
- Dogs initially prone to allergic reactions. If the animal has an individual intolerance to some components of the product, it is prohibited to use it.
- Pregnant bitches in the first half of pregnancy.
In extremely rare cases, minor side effects may develop:
- Slight swelling and redness of the mucous membranes of the eyes or nose.
- Sometimes the animal is noisy and sneezes a lot.
- Watery discharge from the nasal passages is possible.
When these signs appear, antihistamines are prescribed to the animal, but usually this is not necessary. All "side effects" spontaneously pass after a maximum of three hours. Otherwise, a veterinarian consultation is required.
The use of Anandine
Regardless of the type of disease, using the drug is very simple:
- When treating eye diseases, two to four drops of the drug are instilled into the conjunctival cavity. Multiplicity of use - up to two times a day.
- In the treatment of rhinitis, three or four drops of the drug are instilled into each nasal passage. Multiplicity of use - three times a day.
- With otitis media, drops heated to a temperature of approximately 37.5 ° C are instilled into each ear opening up to four times a day (five drops in each ear). After application, the base of the ear must be massaged to distribute the drug as evenly as possible in the body cavity.
Regardless of the type of disease, the pet should be treated until its full recovery, but no more than two weeks in a row.